Broadcaster and CEO TeenTech
Maggie was asked Â to write a report on Digital Skills and agreed to do it for the same reason she founded TeenTech â€“ Â out of frustration that so many young people were missing out on the opportunities available to them in an ever-expanding digital world, despite being the most tech-savvy generation weâ€™ve ever had. So as to assemble the best people onto the UK Digital Skills Taskforce and prevent any bias in the recommendations, this was Â undertaken as an independent review with no input from any political party.
Awards and Honours
- 2017 – OBE
- 2017 – Honorary Doctorate,Science,Solent University
- 2016 -Â Digital Leader of the Year â€“ Digital Leaders 100
- 2016 -Â Most influential Woman in UK IT â€“ Computer Weekly
- 2016 -Â Named as one of Top 50 Most Inspiring Women in European Tech
- 2016 â€“ Honorary Doctorate â€“ Technology â€“ University of Huddersfield
- 2015 â€“ Honorary Doctorate, Science â€“ University of Bath
- 2014 -Â Fellow of Queen Maryâ€™s College, University of London
- 2014 â€“ One of 30 women featured by BCS for their Women in IT Campaign
- 2013 -Â Best Promotion of Engineering Design â€“ Institute of Engineering Designers
- 2012 â€“ Outstanding Achievement in Communication and Outreach â€“ WISE (Women in Science and Engineering)
- 2012-Â Honorary Doctorate, Technology â€“ De Montfort University
I spoke to Janice on the night before Christmas Eve. We said how much we loved each other and I simply couldnâ€™t take in that this might be last time Iâ€™d hear her voice. Sheâ€™s been a big part of my life for over forty years. First as my boyfriendâ€™s sister, then...
It's just two days away now... On Thursday 22nd November at Â 9pm on BBC4 that familiar theme tune will run and my stomach will turn inside out as I join Howard Stableford, Judith Hann and Hannah Fry for a special one off, live edition of Tomorrow's World. We are all...
I am sure you will have seen the heartbreaking news about Keith who died earlier today. It is incredibly sad. Keith was a one-off â€“ full of life, generous and with a focus on things that mattered â€“ his family. I saw him two months ago at his sister Janiceâ€™s...