Broadcaster and CEO TeenTech
Maggie was asked to write a report on Digital Skills and agreed to do it for the same reason she founded TeenTech – out of frustration that so many young people were missing out on the opportunities available to them in an ever-expanding digital world, despite being the most tech-savvy generation we’ve ever had. So as to assemble the best people onto the UK Digital Skills Taskforce and prevent any bias in the recommendations, this was undertaken as an independent review with no input from any political party.
Awards and Honours
- 2017 – OBE
- 2017 – Honorary Doctorate,Science,Solent University
- 2016 – Digital Leader of the Year – Digital Leaders 100
- 2016 – Most influential Woman in UK IT – Computer Weekly
- 2016 – Named as one of Top 50 Most Inspiring Women in European Tech
- 2016 – Honorary Doctorate – Technology – University of Huddersfield
- 2015 – Honorary Doctorate, Science – University of Bath
- 2014 – Fellow of Queen Mary’s College, University of London
- 2014 – One of 30 women featured by BCS for their Women in IT Campaign
- 2013 – Best Promotion of Engineering Design – Institute of Engineering Designers
- 2012 – Outstanding Achievement in Communication and Outreach – WISE (Women in Science and Engineering)
- 2012- Honorary Doctorate, Technology – De Montfort University
It's just two days away now... On Thursday 22nd November at 9pm on BBC4 that familiar theme tune will run and my stomach will turn inside out as I join Howard Stableford, Judith Hann and Hannah Fry for a special one off, live edition of Tomorrow's World. We are all...
I am sure you will have seen the heartbreaking news about Keith who died earlier today. It is incredibly sad. Keith was a one-off – full of life, generous and with a focus on things that mattered – his family. I saw him two months ago at his sister Janice’s wedding,...
Can you help us to track down 30 Drama students who left Manchester University in 1977? In frightening way, we've decided to regroup for a special celebration in May and have managed to track down 24 but lack contacts for the remaining people. We want to make sure we...