What do your children want to be when they grow up?Â A new report Â “The Shape of Jobs to Come” by Fast Future Research and commissioned by the Science : (So what? So Everything) campaignÂ takes a look at the jobs they might be doing in 2030 , jobs which don’t yet exist.
It’s very detailed but one of the engaging conclusions is a long list of 110 “new ” professions. They’ve focussed on 20 of these, providing a projected “Day In the Life” for future careers ranging from “Nano-medic” to “Virtual Clutter Organiser”.
The real purpose is to encourage children to see that there are many more opportunities in science and technology than they might have realised. Â And that if you really want to make a difference to Â a world challenged by climate change, population growth and an ageing demographic, then carrying on with maths and physics is a good idea.
Here’s the list:
1. Body Part Maker
3. PharmerÂ of Genetically EngineeredÂ Crops and Livestock
4. Old Age Wellness Manager /Â Consultant Specialists
5. Memory Augmentation Surgeon
6. New Science Ethicist
7. Space Pilots, Architects and TourÂ Guides
8. Vertical Farmers
9. Climate Change Reversal Specialist
10. Quarantine Enforcer
11. Weather Modification Police
12. Virtual Lawyer
13. Avatar Manager / Devotees -Â Virtual Teachers
14. Alternative Vehicle Developers
16. Waste Data Handler
17. Virtual Clutter Organizer
18. Time Broker / Time Bank Trader
19. Social ‘Networking’ Worker
20. Personal Branders