Broadcaster and CEO TeenTech
Maggie was asked Â to write a report on Digital Skills and agreed to do it for the same reason she founded TeenTech â€“ Â out of frustration that so many young people were missing out on the opportunities available to them in an ever-expanding digital world, despite being the most tech-savvy generation weâ€™ve ever had. So as to assemble the best people onto the UK Digital Skills Taskforce and prevent any bias in the recommendations, this was Â undertaken as an independent review with no input from any political party.
Awards and Honours
- 2017 – OBE
- 2017 – Honorary Doctorate,Science,Solent University
- 2016 -Â Digital Leader of the Year â€“ Digital Leaders 100
- 2016 -Â Most influential Woman in UK IT â€“ Computer Weekly
- 2016 -Â Named as one of Top 50 Most Inspiring Women in European Tech
- 2016 â€“ Honorary Doctorate â€“ Technology â€“ University of Huddersfield
- 2015 â€“ Honorary Doctorate, Science â€“ University of Bath
- 2014 -Â Fellow of Queen Maryâ€™s College, University of London
- 2014 â€“ One of 30 women featured by BCS for their Women in IT Campaign
- 2013 -Â Best Promotion of Engineering Design â€“ Institute of Engineering Designers
- 2012 â€“ Outstanding Achievement in Communication and Outreach â€“ WISE (Women in Science and Engineering)
- 2012-Â Honorary Doctorate, Technology â€“ De Montfort University
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Role models are important when it comes to shifting the needle on diversity in tech but we need to think carefully about the best way to have real impact. Â Inspiring and supporting young people is extremely rewarding and if you're keen to get involved, here are a...
If you've been on my site before, you're probably thinking 'And about time!!! Rather like the builder whose own house never gets enough attention, I've been so focussed on TeenTech that I never made enough time to refresh the design of my own which was looking very...